Since I failed to post the Things I Didn’t Do This Week last week, I feel like I gotta make a go of it RIGHT NOW.
1) I didn’t make anything with the slowly decaying blueberries in my fridge. I’m hoping to make a loaf cake tomorrow. Wish me luck.
2) I didn’t buy this gold wastecan from CB2 because it’s a gold wastecan.
3) I did not build my own pergola but I really wish I did.
1) Make fresh pasta.
This page from Serious Eats has been open for five days. To be fair, though, I have made fresh pasta before. Okay, it required the help of two friends and my husband. But it happened. Once.
2) Hang ALL THE ART. I really want to order this poster from Social Print Studio but I didn’t get to it this week. Isn’t it cool?
3) Buy a t-shirt dress. Or a tee shirt dress. I swear I looked at fourteen thousand of them but then I worried I might look frumpy. Okay, frumpier. Plus, Forever21? Who am I kidding?
p.s. I’m rebooting my Facebook page!
Oops, I almost forgot to write the Things I Didn’t Do This Week. I guess I must have been busy getting a few things done but definitely not any of the following –
1) Let my kids do anything in the kitchen. Because I can only do this with the help of Xanax.
2) Buy pumpkin anything. I don’t approve of this shit in fall LET ALONE MID-AUGUST.
3) Do any sort of DIY anything for back to school. Nope. Didn’t do it.
Is school even starting? Is this even my life? I’ll be at the pool ENJOYING A SEASONALLY APPROPRIATE BEVERAGE.
Posted in Just Me: Writing and Other Wordy Pursuits, Mother Love: Posts on Parenting and Mamahood
Tagged back to school, beer, cooking in the kitchen, DIY, kids, kitchen, pumpkin beer, seasonally appropriate beer, thekitchn, things I didn't do this week