@mamaliciousdc random thought, as you think about structure, consider the structure of food. Maybe you'll find inspiration.
— Project Gym (@pgymdc) February 6, 2014
1. Connection between #NotYourAsianSidekick and Americanized Asian food in all of its variations. #NotYourAsianSidedish?
2. Layers. Simplicity. Do not overwork the dough.
3. Separation between the part of my brain that ponders themes and high concept stuff and the part that writes jokes.
4. Line from John Donvan’s solo show at SpeakeasyDC. Something like — if it doesn’t make the nightly news, it never happened. Are we measured by our achievements or our relationships? Food can be a way to impress people or it can be a way to make connections (to culture, friends, family). Or both.
5. Food porn. Martha Stewart’s terrible, horrible, no good, very bad Instagram.